View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
A client who has both '89 930 and '91 964T reports they are not the same ratio, the 930 being lower geared. He purchased both cars new so ratios are stock. That is my one data point as I am not a transmission guy.

Yes I use a 915 with my modest HP engine. I have built 2 boxes using WEVO bearing retainer and late model side plate cover. If not abused or tracked the tranny will last. I damaged the shims on one tranny drag racing. The second tranny has custom 4th and 5th gears for the highway. First is too low unless you like to auto-x and then is perfect. 2nd gear will haze the 315 tires with 300WHP. With 350WHP 2nd will roast and 3rd gear will haze. Stupid quick in 1-3 gears. With 400WHP the tranny will break at will.
Please give me some details of the build (parts used, gears and such)and limits I think my build will not exceed 400 hp on the 3.2 I think and I may just break down my 915 and build it up with strong parts I rebuilt it in 83 with all new bearings and syncros and it only has 40K roughly on it since the rebuild.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 03-05-2010, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)