View Single Post

g50 conversion

Even w/ a shortened box they do take some massaging to get them to fit in the correct spot w/ the engine in the original location. I'm using coil overs so modifying the torsion bar tube was not a big deal for me. We modified the transmission carrier cross member to move the tranny forward, thus keeping the engine in the stock location. I would suggest just buying the crossmember that Patrick Motorsports makes, it's slotted so you can find the optimal position for your tranny. It will be much cheaper than modding your aluminum stock carrier. Bottom line it's a major PITA butif your going big HP you can pay now or pay later. Using a 4spd 930 box is the easiest, but even that is not a lay up given the cost of rebuilding these trannies. Parts are becoming more difficult to find and more expensive. and the cable actuated clutches have their limitaions on function and hp. Good luck in what ever you decide.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)