View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Found the following amoung an advert so not sure it is 100% accurate though it sounds right.

"The power was uprated from 300 -330BHP from higher lift camshafts, revised four oulet exhaust system, higher boost pressure and a larger intercooler. The total production run of these cars in both RHD and LHD form from 1981 -87 is believed to be 237 with just 85 being produced under the official Porsche Exclusive Programme."
The 330BHP Special Wishes engines did have higher lift cams, but they also had a KKK K-27 7006 turbocharger, front mounted RSR oil cooler. The four outlet exhaust was actually a special 930 muffler with exhaust outlet at the right side of the valance with the wastegate outlet on the left side of the valance. I don not think they had a higher boost threshold, since the PO of my car showed a worksheet showing the .8BAR wastegate spring replaced with a 1.0BAR spring by Hennesy Porsche.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 03-08-2010, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)