View Single Post

If it's leaking from around the bolts holding the pan, chances are that the gasket between the case and the pan is crushed and the bolts may have been overtightened. This would be a good time to fit a new filter and gasket there. Make sure before you reassemble to place the pan upside down on a flat surface to see if it has been deformed by overtightening.

The other location you describe would be an "O' ring on the tube with the big white connector. That should be hand tight only. What happens is that gets overtightened and the "O" ring gets cut and slightly frayed, and then leaks.

Both of these are relatively inexpensive to fix.

Another note: I always make a point to remove the reservoir and clean it whilst I have the opportunity. I then tighten the cap tight while it's off and easy to access. I then add fluid through the access point on the bottom of the transmission that has the nut-looking thingie. If you remove that, you can put a hose on the connector there and use a pump to pump fluid into the system, bypassing the headache of adding it through the cap.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)