View Single Post

Garage
post mods, first drive......wow!!!! some ????s

finally drove her today. What a difference!!! tasted boost slightly but never above .4-.6
awesome!!!!I really want to push it but I'l wait till I get 100miles by this weekend before I push it. I dont want any problems with the new turbo. Exhaust sounds great!!!
I do have some issues...... There is an exhaust leak that " goes away" when she warms up. The cheapo GSF headers dont line up perfect in one of the cylinder ports. Its very slight but enough to hear when cold.

Also when I installed the Dwur, I connected the white wire to the coil per the instructions in order to pick up the rpms. Well, the tach stopped working. So I cut the white wire. The tach still not work!!! WTF?????? anyone can tell me how to trouble shoot the tach to see if its dead or its a fuse or something simple????
I emailed unwired tools. They say they can send me an updated DWUR without the tach problems but I got mine in january, so I thought mine was already updated....?. They also said I could put an inline resistor with white wire and positive coil. It may not work but Im going to try that. Third option is not hook up white wire but that means no tuneability. I want to be able to tune it.
I just want to fix the tach so I know my rpms for now.... Anyone have any ideas????

my innovative LM1 AFR gauge works but I never calibrated it to air, so I guess I have to take the o2 sensor out and do that before I'll get any numbers.. Its running rich it seems because I can smell it. No stumbles or misfires or runons though...
Old 03-08-2010, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)