View Single Post

Garage
some updates

Dailydriven, there is no oil down the pipe .. or seemingly in the turbo. the oil I see is in IC at the TB. There may be oil down there, but I didn't see any. Last year, prior to the engine rebuild, There was always drops of oil from the seam of the compressor housing and the plate (or whatever it is) on the turbo compressor side.

I did the suction test today for the scavenge pump and all is working as it should.it would consistently suck more oil that the turbo put out, never allowing the oil lelve to rise.

one question though is for once I stop the motor. The oil still comes out of the drip tank after the turbo. How long should oil still keep coming out? I know for a fact that the oil restrictor/bearing is in place.

lucittm, If there was a pinhole on that line.. wouldn't it leak a little once the engine is stopped? There are no leaks on that line to the pump. Not sure how else to check that

It seems to me that the issue seams to point towards the turbo.. no side to side movement, but there is about .02" of play up/down on both cold and hot sides.
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 03-09-2010, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)