View Single Post
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Spring time upgrades... Opinions?

Hello all,
Summer is coming and I am planning to spend a lot more time in the 930. Here the California’s central valley we see temperatures routinely up in the 100’s. As such I am planning to add a front mounted oil cooler, in addition to the stock oil cooler. I am doing to cool engine temps, as I also plan to do the desert duty system from Rennaire.
Here are my thoughts on the upgrades. Let me know your thoughts and experiences with the following:

Better Bodies 934 front and rear bumper covers. See it here
(I hate the impact bumper accordions and I need a front bumper with a cutout to accept the oil cooler.)

Mocal/Sterab Front mounted oil cooler with thermostat. (my understanding is that with the thermostat the system will use the standard oil cooling loop until the temp reaches “temperature X” and then opens the loop to include the front cooler” That way the engine will reach optimal operating temp?)

Rennaire Desert Duty System 1 here

Any experiences with these companies, systems, or products would be very appreciated!!
Thanks for all your time!
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 03-10-2010, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)