View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post

After that, I fill my bathtub with hot water and a strong mix powdered Tide laundry detergent.
Then dunk the intercooler into the soapy water upside down so it fills, then slosh it around and drain it out. Repeat that a bunch of times to rinse the gas and oil out and then do the same thing with cold clean water to get the detergent out.

Jim, two possibilities come to mind: Either you're not a married man, or you have a wife who enjoys the scent of eau d' garage in the bathroom tub. I would get a load of crap from my spouse, just as I get each time I wash my garage coveralls. She's quick to remind me that laundry rooms (and bath rooms) are supposed to smell clean, ya know?

I use gas and whatever brand of laundry soap we have on the shelf, and hose it all down outside. Probably not as clean as you're able to get it, but it preserves my marriage.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)