View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyDriven'88 View Post

Gotcha. I remember when I experienced turbo failure, there was a small pool inside the turbo when you looked down. Im sure there are levels of failure or degradation, pooled oil being pretty bad, hah. Am i reading that right? .020"? Seems like a little bit too much. Im no turbo expert though.
Here's another way to look at it: I've been told by a person with some experience building turbos that measuring the clearance between the turbin blades and the housing (when deflecting the shaft as far as the "worn" busings will allow), you should see no less than .005"...otherwise the assembly may run too far out of balance and risk contacting the housing sides. Pretty easy to check with a feeler guage.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)