View Single Post
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
Jon, great job bro, 184 is nothing to sneeze at!

Your car looks great coming across the line!

That CTR3 is truly stunning... i saw one at the RUF factory last year in Red, but the triple black scheme is incredible. BTW, what did it run??

I'm not too upset, the car was running pig rich and only boosting to 0.8bar, in the whole scheme of things i did OK, it'll do a lot better next time!

It was quite a slow day for most, the CTR3 was under 200, can't remember exactly what Leon said, think it was 198? He hasn't posted his speed up on the list yet. He mentioned that he has a new gearbox being built, as the stock one is simply too long for tracks and short runs like this, it's built for Autobahns

Toby was expecting a little above 200 with his 650bhp RS Tuning 997GT2, but only managed 197. A very good bench mark is the Feza 599, the exact same car with same driver posted 199mph last time but only managed 193 this time. (that would put me at about 190ish)
It's a bit of a trade off with the conditions, cold air helps power, but it's denser which means more resistance at high speed. It was around 5-degC today, it would be much better for high speed runs in the 20's.
Had a great day though, LOVE going quickly....I was in Matteo's GT40 at 200ish, and Toby's as around 195, i'll post a vid soon
Results are here VMAX Armageddon Attendees - Estimates & Actual Speeds
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 03-15-2010, 01:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)