View Single Post
Blackbird Pilot

Well to weigh in on the big hp side of things, the 930 box is what I would consider to be nice for the mega builds. With a 29.2" tire diameter and rev limit of 7,500 RPM one can see a gear limited 247 mph in a vaccuum.

To talk about gear usefulness - 1st is useless all together, 2nd would do better for first. Gears 2&3 are very, very short with 3rd being better than second and fourth could easily be lengthened.

Now when I mention this stuff i'm talking about mind bending speed, but with a very torquey motor is useable at lower speeds as well. Long story short, the gearbox limits the motor seemingly for the personality of the car. I plan to do some mods and get taller 1-4th.

So power output is a huge deciding factor of what gear box is appropriate not only for the ability to take the power abuse but to get meaningful power to the ground. A stock 930 box on a 700hp or so motor is like a 450hp on a 915, great for smoke shows and thats about it, there is room for improvement.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)