View Single Post

Rarlyl8 Headers installed

I installed Brian's headers over the weekend and must say I am a happy man!
I installed them myself and I must confess that my mechanical skills are average at best. I just love working on my car. The installation was very straight forward, fitment was perfect. I removed the fabspeeds and bolted the new ones up in just over two hours. The only issue I ran into was trying to re-route the wastegate lines back to their original positon. Problem solved with a hack saw and flexible tubing.

First impressions:
The sound is quite different. Not sure how to describe it. I guess it is a bit less vulgar, muscle car sounding than it was before. Definately seems a bit quieter. I do like the sound quite a bit. I still have a nice burbel at decel and the sound at full boost is fantastic.

Driving around town, I noticed right away, the car seemed so much more responsive. Maybe it was my imagination but the off boost torque seemed much improved. Boost comes on at about the same time and full boost feels like a freight train. Now I know that some of this may be a placebo effect but my gut and but dyno tells me that I have gained a significant amount of hp and tq. I am very pleased indeed.

Now that the car is quiter, I went ahead and ordered the Zork tube from Brian.
Really looking forward to hearing what that sounds like with these new headers.

Now as far as the drone that I have been dealing with..... it is still there but it is less than before. So I am still trying to sort that out.
1969 Carrera Widebody TurboKraft Custom (Mexico Blue)
2001 E39 M5 Imola/Black-red interior
Old 03-15-2010, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)