View Single Post

"Johnny (driver and owner) is my landlord and I found myself with a lot of free time after being fired from my position as general manager of blue streak electronics."

This is off topic but in the old days before electronic ignition the best made ignition points that did not float at high rpms you could buy for a bosch distributor were american made "Blue Streak" points.
I used them in 6 cylinder BMW engines with the small diameter euro distributor that was the same size as a 1970 911 distrbutor.

By the late seventies Bosch ignition points were not made in Germany anymore and were cheaply made with a low tension spring which would let the points float if you liked to drive over 5500rpm.
It was as if all the bosch made points made from the late seventies on were made to volkswagon bug specs.

I have the part number for the excellent beefier better made, high rpm blue streak points for that distributor still.

I eventually took the points out and installed the pertronix magnetic pickup upgrade and with MSD digital 6 CDI.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)