View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodyn930 View Post
Hello, Having done a couple of these installs, I would like to offer some info:

1- turbocharger to I/C inlet hose (very expensive , if yours is not serviceable a
replacement can be fabricated)
2-Coil bracket,( it has a different location for the I/C rear mount.
3-main I/C support mounts (they are mounted on intake manifold),
4-auxiliary air valve to I/C hose (different layout)
5-90 degree duct out of air flow meter with provision for recirculating(BOV) valve
6-Stock or aftermarket recirc. valve
7-Block off plate for Intake temp sensor
8-after removing your factory recirc. valve housing(if applicable) a connecting tube is needed between the 90 degree duct out of air flow meter to the metal duct going to turbocharger inlet.

as you know the A/C condenser has to be relocated out of the spoiler, also fabricate a restrictor baffle to promote airflow thru the I/C core.

No. 1 above can be replaced with a 2" section of aliminum tube with an approximate 30 degree bend at the end, a 2 inch silicon "hump" hose and a 2"-3" silicon reducer.

No. 3 I used threaded heim joints and stainless tube in conjunction with small "L" brackets to attach the inetrcooler to manifold.

No. 8 I originally used a 3" aluminum tube with a 3" - 2.75: silicon reducer to connect to the factory air intake tube but have recently replaced with a custom 3" aluminum air intake tube with NO kinks.

Pics below

89 targa black betty
Old 03-16-2010, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)