View Single Post
Infidel

I for one was very skeptical about the actual power output, i won't deny that!! There were many that were! And not just because it's more than anyone really thought possible on an aircooled 2 valve engine, but also that this much power on a chassis dyno wouldn't be able to hold traction! I must admit that i am still a little puzzled by the car not wheel spinning through the dyno pull, i've seen cars with less power not able to get the power down on a set of rollers! The exact same type of dyno too!
I thought that kind of power would only be measurable on an engine dyno!

His power speaks for itself though doesn't it, i like the fact that he doesn't post on the forums or brag to anyone, and then just goes out there and lets the car do the talking!

I mentioned on another post that we had a similar event here in the UK the day before, and there was a 1000 bhp car that managed 222mph. This was a Cabriolet water cooled car, i thought it was a 997 to start with but it's a 996. Anyway, point being this was a mega fast car, and yes it's heavier than Bello's motor, but it only managed 222mph in 1.5 miles, Bello getting 236+ in one mile is something to behold!!
This is a VIDEO of the 996 taken by a German fella that's big on the BMW boards, i am in the 997GT2 with Toby, the GT2 is a proper 650bhp RS Tuning engine. The GT2 only managed 197. It's stuff like this that really brings it home just how quick that Bello car is!!!!
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 03-16-2010, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)