View Single Post
Wer bremst verliert

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwheeler View Post
Does anyone have full bay Bell intercooler dimensions for a CIS car? I would like to order one but I am looking for some dimensions so I have a starting point.

It looks like I may need to relocate the air intake to make a full bay fit. If I do that then I will be preheating the air as discussed here.

I do like the scoop on the CIS car in the one picture. The stock intake housing tapers toward the back of the car as it goes right which looks to limit the front to back dimension of the IC.
Mine's not a "full bay" but its 3/4 bay. The special touch is a set of double "puller fans" sucking massive air through the cooler.

Here's a 13-second snippet from a log going around the track. The blue line is KPA, it peaks around 13psi. I couldnt get it to show up on the Legend.

You can see that intake air temps as measured at the entrance to the intake manifold goes from 39C to 41C. 40C is about 104F. Ambient temps that day were 29C or 84F. 20 deg F gain on 13psi I am happy about. Mine is a 3.5" Bell core and custom tanks by them.

1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 03-17-2010, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)