View Single Post
HoyaBear

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to hoyabear
Cole:
Good luck with that engine, huh! Also, what parts specifically did you buy for the ignition? One of the techs said I would need a MAP sensor adapter (my car is CIS?!?)...is this true?

Maxx:
The MSD tech actually told me to hook up the mag pickup wire one way and if that didn't work, reverse it...so, I'm not so sure that they even know which way it is supposed to go in.

Picking up a brand spanking new MSD 6AL-2 (6530) tomorrow! Still not sure if I need the tach adapter (mine is an '86) with this unit, I received different answers for this from different techs. I figure I'll hook it up and if the tach doesn't work, the answer is pretty obvious.

Anyone have thoughts about what coil to use with this? I'd prefer to keep things in the stock location, but if it is much better to go with something that I have to make fit somewhere else, I guess that's the best plan.

Thanks
'86 930: 3.4 Andial build, Web GT2 Evo cams, Carrillo rods, ported/polished heads, MSD 6530, B&B headers/exh + intercooler, K27HF, 1 bar spring, Tial wastegate, Andial FE, Lindsey Fuchs. Back in black!!!
Past:997S cab; '88 930; '86 951; C5 Vette; 4th Gen Z28; 3rd Gen Trans Am GTA; '71 Z28

Last edited by hoyabear; 03-18-2010 at 04:25 PM..
Old 03-18-2010, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)