View Single Post

Garage
car wont start after a great drive with no problems?? Help pls

so I just did all the mods listed below on my signature plus new gapped pugs, wires, rotor, distrbtr cap, oil, filter, fuel filters and valve adjustment. Loaded up windows 7 on my mac and since it takes so long, I decided to go for a drive. So Basically I was driving the car with the DWUR factory settings. AFRS were about 14-15 on cruise, 12.5 to 13.5 idle and in the few times I hit the boost it would read from 10.9 to12.
I drove about 50 miles, parked, ate at a restaurant and came back. It started fine and drove fine. Drove another 50 miles back and stopped at blockbuster near my home and came right back. CAR NO START!!!
turns over easy but no firing......AT ALL..., as if no fuel or no spark. Fuses all OK, has fuel....Nothing changed. Car showed no signs of misfiring prior to my "brief" stop.
Waited for it to cool down thinking my DWUR is thinking the car is cold when its warm but even after temp gauge was down, nothing!!???
Had to get it towed 6 miles to my house.
CAR ran so awesome though!!!!!
Could it be I was too impatient and drove it without getting AFRs straight?
DWUR malfunction??
New problem like sooted plugs or dead fuel pump or bad coil??????

WHYYYYYYYYY???????????????
how can I trouble shoot this to be sure its a non DWUR problem before taking this thing out prematurely.. Im not that great mechanically but I have worked on my VW Bus alot!!!
She never left me stranded though
Anyones input is greatly appreciated. I was looking forward to tuning her today with the laptop and going to SEBRING tomorrow SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help
Old 03-19-2010, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)