View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodyn930 View Post
Hello there, Any oil filter with a pleated paper element will be by-passing most of the time, We have been running Canton Mecca cartridge type filters for over 7 years with excellent results, we have verified flow on the scavenge circuit and found that it flows better than the standard filters, Having a synthetic media depth element eliminates the need for a by-pass valve, Check their website, I feel that it is cheap insurance for our very expensive motors, BTW we change the element once a year will post a photo later tonight.
Do you know what the percentage of oil is bypassed thru the pleated filter under normal running conditions?
This has always been something I was interested in finding out but cannot seem to find the exact info.
I had heard that the Mahle filter internal bypass pressure is set higher than other filters, which is the main difference making it preferable to use against other brands. Dont know if its true.
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 03-19-2010, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)