View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by klefroid View Post
I'm getting no motion either way when i disconnect the boost sender. the sender seems to give the right valeu (ohm)
when i disconnect some wire that are connected to the boostgauge my resistance goes to infinite... so i think the problem will be in between.
Is there some relays in between or something els? i see that the colors of the wires are changing... i have a electrical manual but it's not so clear to me?
does somebody have a possible causes?
Btw : sorry for the bad explanation as i am a Dutch man...
Sounds like your sender unit is fine and you must have a break in the wire leading up to the gauge. No relays between the sender and the gauge that I know of. I believe that the sensor functions by changing resistance to the ground connection for the gauge.

So you are certain that you have no continuity (infinite resistance) through that entire run of wire from the engine bay all the way up to the gauge? You should able to disconnect the wire from the end at the sender and from the other end at the gauge, ground one end to the chassis, and put the ohm meter on the other end and across the chassis ground (unless you have really long test leads on your meter). Do that, then try twisting and bending the wire back from the sender to see if maybe there is an internal break.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)