View Single Post

Garage
Special Wishes

Hi everyone,

My name is Kenny, I'm based in The Netherlands.

Just joined the forum, although have been avid reader. Reflecting on this topic, I thought would keep this excellent thread alive by introducing my Sonderwunsch-Programm (Special Wishes) 1985 930 S Turbo Coupe. This was hand built to order in the werk 1 production workshop, Zuffenhausen.

Many of the conclusions on this subject are correct, there were no options listed anywhere on the car. I do have a brass plaque inside the car (same as the first special wishes car listed here) and other than a hand typed letter of the work to be carried out. It was in 1984 the factory produced an option list of the possibilities, which later became the official list until it was renamed Porsche Exclusive and individual choices outwith this was down to the individual wishes of each buyer.

To be honest, I've came across some flatnose SE and LE's (1989). Although haven't seen many special wishes on my travels 1981 -1986 outwith some of the early pictures posted on here. Its only just now following these different threads globally, I'm begining to realise how special these cars are nowadays and how difficult it is to establish any background information.

The car was factory 3.3 Turbo / flat 6 cylinder engine (M93066S) with the “high performance” engine package, this was up-rated by factory to 375 bhp+ with manual magnesium boost control (dampraf), larger KKK turbocharger, oil intercooler, high-lift cams, free flow 4-pipe twin exhaust system + wastegate and a host of other options. In 1999 there were additional engine enhancements carried out by Porsche.

The car currently runs at 1.1 bar @420bhp and if required, can run to higher boost. Although, I very rarely change the settings this is more for sprint sessions and fast enough for me. Bit of a purist, I haven't had the urge to modify the car, its orginal in every way. I think this is what makes each special wishes car so unique.

I enclose a photo for your pleasure.....

Kenny

Last edited by Kenny1961; 04-11-2010 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: correction
Old 03-20-2010, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #274 (permalink)