View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNELE View Post
In the US Law Enforcement Officers generally have more important things to do. FYI Auto manufacturers have to comply with international standards for noise pollution and how much noise emanates from the exhaust of a given production car. FYI Rarly you need to construct a disclaimer if you don't already have one to indemify your company for violations caused by your clientele, stating effectively that your exhausts are for off road use only and that the use of your product constitutes an acknowledgment of aforementioned prescribed use etc., etc.

I will be happy to help if you need some free advice.
Lincoln, sounds great !!!!

As a LEO, I can tell you, unless the driver was just being a straight up prick.. I would NEVER write that citation to anyone!. Its a waste of my time...and a waste of the courts time. I run a Zork tube for my exhaust, and to be honest, the car is not that loud. Certainly the turbo quiets these cars down in relation to a unmuffled 3.2 or 3.6 racecar.

These are sports cars, and as long as you are not hotdogging it in a school or residential zone, you should be fine.

But, Brian I do agree with Lincoln's statement above. It is only a matter of time, you sell one of these to a bonehead. Then when he gets a citation, in an accident, etc, he will come after you .... they are out there!!! Just look at Motorshiester... there are idiots born everyday!!!!
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 03-22-2010, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)