View Single Post

Garage
I've checked the valve on my CIS setup and it's working correctly. I honestly believe that the gauge itself is ok as well since it's new and it accurately read the fuel pump pressure at 7 bar.

Could it be that air is trapped in the fuel head and I just haven't bled it out yet?
According to the "Bosch Fuel Injection & Engine Management" book you simply run the fuel pump for 10 seconds and shift the CIS pressure gauge valve back and forth a few times to clear the entrapped air from the CIS system. Is this correct or is another method preferred?

I noticed that the Haynes manual says to hold the CIS flap down for up to 5 seconds while the fuel pumps are running to bleed the CIS system. Maybe I've just got air in the system?

Also, I did tip the CIS unit slightly (30 degree angle) to clean off the old intake manifold gaskets from the intake surfaces. It's not a problem to tip the CIS unit slightly on it's side to clean off the old gaskets is it?

'87 930, 3.3 liter, K27 hybrid, Kokeln IC, Andial, B&B, Borla, 17" Supercups.

Last edited by HFR_Racer; 03-23-2010 at 08:35 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)