View Single Post

Jacob,

You have to understand I'm really old and 6 months of chemo killed even more brain cells than the age has but I still don't see it.
I measured, at a min, 6" more tube to get it to the turbo if you go outside the inner fender. The pipe diam. is increased to 3" the full length, which by the way, still has to be reduced to 2 3/4" to connect to the turbo. Now by my old Geometry calculations, we used slide rules then, we have just added another 84 cu. in. of volume to the intake trackk.
Now I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but I am not buying faster spool up by adding 84 cu. in. more volume I have to fill before the turbo spools up. So the logic here is remove the recirculation assy. and add the 965 BOV to increase turbo response then add back 5 times the recirculation assy. volume by increasing the dia. and length of the intake track. I don't think so. But it looks cool and it does make it easier to get at things on the left side of the engine compartment.
Bye the way, that is Craig's car, and a "VERY NICE CAR IT IS" I used that pic. because it showes, perfectly, how you don't have to use the 965 elbow.
Take a look at the sites I posted and you'll find what you need.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 03-24-2010 at 07:30 PM..
Old 03-24-2010, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)