View Single Post

Chris,

Thank's for the quick reply.

The Lee Rice's fueler was mostly based on converting the WUR to Vacunm Sensing (like the 3.0 Turbo's) and setting it at a lower on boost control pressure setting. He did fit a dampener on his set ups to protect the FD diphragm's as some years could rupture.

Thus, Larry at CIS Flow Tech might be right about this possibly just being a dampener as the Rice Fueler's dampener did look similar to this. Or Lee Rice was not telling the whole story about the dampener. I was always suspect.

In any event the lines to the unit on you client's car sure look factory from the pic. Further, I did also see a conversion kit once on Ebay in RUF packaging that had something like this on it.

I wish others would discover the opportunity for better throttle response with the vacuum sensing style WUR.

Still, I have often wondered how RUF could make the HP he did out of the CIS motors with the dial-a-death adjustable boost knob and support the AFR's. Same with the Group B, DP, and Kremer cars. Most making up to 480hp at 1.2 bar.

If you ever learn anything more about this unit or how they could support such HP please do let us know.

I know Volvo on its CIS Group B cars bumped the system pressure a bunch, fitted larger injectors, and had custom metering cone's to support race level HP.

Thank's.

Last edited by 911st; 03-25-2010 at 06:25 PM..
Old 03-25-2010, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)