View Single Post

Synchronic makes a BOV that dose what I did by reconfiguring an aftermarket BOV.

Here is a Vid on the Sycchronic BOV: YouTube - Synchronic Blow Off Valve Turbo S2000

What I believed was keeping the BOV open at low load did was allow the turbo to spin faster in reserve as with the BOV loop around the turbo being kept open this would allow compressor pressure to be bled off under low load conditions and the turbo would keep spinning faster.

Then with acceleration the faster spinning turbo's potential could be captured.

What I did not think of and what seems to be the original intent of the Synchronic BOV was to reduce exhaust drag at cruse in search of better cruse MPG. Latter they discovered such a set up had performance benefits.

What I did find was doing this and setting my control pressure so it would dramatically lower immediately with acceleration (not at 5 psi boost) to get the metering plate moving quickly with first acceleration, combined to make a significant reduction in lag on my CIS turbo.

Last edited by 911st; 03-25-2010 at 07:00 PM..
Old 03-25-2010, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)