View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk930 View Post
Hello bluebox,

any chance to see this label in better quality?

thanks
Falk
Falk-
Unfortunately I don't have immediate access to the car and I'm temporarily grounded while recovering from surgery. I'll see if I can obtain a better photo of the label at the first opportunity and post to this thread.

TurboKraft-
Your comment about the need for additional wing clearance is accurate. All the cars (including mine) that I observed in Zuffenhausen with the optional engine required that the opening under the spoiler be enlarged slightly at the left rear to clear the corner of the larger intercooler. Note in the picture below where the black paint paint is scraped on the corner of the IC where the lid would drag slightly when opening and closing. In my case this only happens when the engine is at operating temperature, no touching at all with a cold motor. I preferred to tolerate this minor inconvenience rather than take a file to the lid or IC. No doubt that additional room is made at Werke1 to accommodate the larger intercooler.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)