View Single Post

Mark,

Agreed, going into the 9's is to rich. Some times this is lived with if it is brief to access sufficient fuel up top when lowering on boost control pressure. Andial and others have done this for years without issue.

Dropping into the mid 10's as not a big, big deal as many MFG's program there EFI Turbo cars to do that regularly.

Still, not the best way to make the highest average HP but livable for most.

No question a D-WUR has the best potential. I made my own some 7 years ago and got perfect AFR's everywhere but next time I will stay with a mechanical WUR just because I think it is cool and I think I can achieve very close to the same performance using some ideas I have (working the metering cone & a vacuum sensing WUR) without any add ons.

My favorite WUR add on is the AIC/Frequency Valve based system like I built but with the second channel tied to a boost solenoid programed to set boost levels at all rpm points like Thierri did leveraging off my original build. The Monster CIS build also had programable boost by rpm for a huge mid range to fit the wide ratio 4spd turbo transmission. Boost can also be pulled back in the later rpms to live within the motor's thermal limits and the limits of the CIS fuel system. However, this approach is not a turnkey set up like the D-WUR.

Aren't these cars fun.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)