View Single Post

Keith, there's no way I would ever run 9:1 AFR's under boost by choice again... I've done it and not only does the car missfire making black smoke while accelerating that rich, I can't stand the smell of unburned gasoline hydrocarbons in the car and on my hair and clothes after driving it.
It seems some exhaust fumes are drawn forward into the cabin. Mostly when the windows are down.

I agree that these cars are tons of fun, but from peoples experiences I've read here the DWUR hardly sounds turn key.
Look at the origonal heavy duty cast aluminum mechanical WUR. You could beat someone to death with it and put it on the car and it will likely work for the next 20 years no problem.
Then the DWUR, a generic little plastic box.. someone said there's had an internal circuit board held in place with double sided tape and the tape came unglued and the board moved and shorted out. A teflon/plastic line like a cheap mechanical oil pressure gauge kit uses that better not rub against anything for long with engine vibration and a very questionable stepper motor to change the control pressures.

The AIC controller with bosch frequency/pulse valve bleeding off control pressure and returning it to the tank like you put together years ago sounds much more reliable, and the bosch inline injector valves have been proven to last a very long time.

I guess some of the dwur's have worked well for people. I'd like to hear how they work 4+ years from now on cars that get some miles on them.

Keep your origonal Bosch WUR as a backup if going with a DWUR.
Send it to Brian Leaske and have him rebuild it and make it fully adjustable. If you keep the car and the K jetronic you'll probably eventually put it back on.
...just my opinion.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)