View Single Post

Garage
Yes, I agree with all your thoughts on this. I figure if the system is to stay, then the best way to approach would be to disable the air system, then set AFR, then re introduce the air system and note the delta between the two states - to avoid mistaken conclusion the AFR is too lean.

Actually the graph showing the 5 HP gain/wider torque band/earlier boost is the only article making me second guess removing the air pump and system. A 20 pound weight penalty for 5HP seems a reasonable trade off - but if I am not really getting 5HP then losing the weight and plumbing makes a lot of sense. If in turn the engine is easier to tune (more straightforward, anyhow), then that is another plus.

Thisis a very interesting topic since a lot of the insight as to what Porsche might have been hoping this system to do aside from smog control seems lost to time.

So the Euro 930's have air injection? If not, then perhaps the performance enhancement is more myth - if so, then maybe there is something to this.

1988 930 coupe - Silver Metallic
stock 3.3L w/GT35R, B&B Headers, RarlyL8 muffler, B&B intercooler, Tial wastegate, Electromotive tecGT based phased sequential EFI & ignition, Wevo shifter
Old 03-28-2010, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)