View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
You don't need to retard when you only have it set for 26*. You set the total timing @ 4000rpm and lock it in.
First, my apologies to equality72521 for hijacking your thread! But something doesn't ring true here Brian - so please excuse while I probe a bit more.

I have the stock twin-pot dizzy on my '87, I set the timing at 26*@4000 per the manual and sticker on the car (lines connected, no vacuum present so no active retard happening...just mechanical advance doing it's thing). The twin pot will shave about 8 degrees off that 26* in response to full boost...leaving around 18 degrees advance. You're saying that 26 degrees is ok on boost. How so? What makes one flat-six able to handle that much boost timing and the other not?

Sorry again, I should know the answer to this but it's only Monday!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)