View Single Post

I am starting to try to think through how this dampener might actually work.

This dampener is hooked to the Fuel Distribuitor blead that goes to the WUR. The WUR is a valve / regulator that maintains the goal Control Pressure.

Thus, this dampener will effect 'changes' in control pressure.

If so, it seems like it might reduce 'over-swing' of the metering arm that comes with an instant drop in control pressure that comes with triggering of boost enrichment.

It might help to reduce the fat section of the AFR curve that comes with the increased air flows of a modified motor or one running more boost.

Again, this just might delay or slow boost enrichment to some degree and reduce to some degree the need for something like an RPM clamp on the WUR enrichment connection when running lower on boost control pressures.

I am thinking I would NOT want this with a D-WUR where quick changes in CP might be desired.

This might just be the factory's method to correct a problem on there higher output motors that is just like what we have been experiencing.

Again, this should or might dampen the movement of the metering arm with changes in control pressure.

Last edited by 911st; 03-30-2010 at 06:26 AM..
Old 03-30-2010, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)