View Single Post
Boost Abuser

Yep mine was missing also. I didn't have a problem until I switched to a set of headers with the smaller oil catch can. The stock exhaust with the stock catch can has a vent that allowed the excess oil to back up the pipe and not cause a problem. With the smaller one with no vent the oil had no place to go after shut down except into the turbo housing . Every time I wanted to drive it I had to remove the IC and use a shop vac to suck all the oil out and then get the "mosquito fogger " effect for the first few minutes . Found out on this site what to look for and fixed it. Tried the dealership first and to get one from Porsche it took about 3 months. Went to H&S and found a 9mm bearing in 5 minutes, cost about 20 cents. By far the cheapest repair to the car so far!!! When the factory ball showed up I just replaced it the next time I worked on the car. I don't know why this part keeps getting pitched during a rebuild. I guess at the end when the mechanic has this piece laying on the bench and the motor is completely assembled he just figure's thats what was wrong the whole time the thing had too many part's!!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)