View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
P.S. Be prepared for slight boost taper on high revs if used with mechanical wastegate control. You can straighten up the boost on high revs with ECU-controlled PWD-operated valve but make sure you don't overspeed the shaft by asking it to boost 1 bar at 7000 RPM or such.
Alright, the cat is out of the bag and it is time to revisit an old thread as things are are moving again. I was BARknucklehead trying to be stealth while in research mode...

I bagged the turbo above for an Evo IX version, which stock is both more efficient at spoolup and has longer legs on top. Couple that with the fact I just sent it out to Chad Block for a full performance build to BBK Lite spec and you have a turbo that makes 380WHP at 25 psi (1.7BAR) topping @7500 RPM on 93 octane in an Evo IX:

Quote:
Quote from CBRD:
The BBK is offered in a LITE version which is a compressor upgrade only. Utilizing a lightweight aerodynamic Billet 47lbs min compressor wheel, this turbo spools incredibly quick making it a fantastic auto-x and street turbo. It has produced 400+whp on our dyno with the right supporting mods. The boost response between gears is actually quicker than stock. I would generally expect an EVO IX with basic bolt-ons (intake, fmic, cams, turboback) on 93 octane to produce around 365-375whp on our mustang dyno at 25psi with this turbo. (stock evo IX baselines at 225-230).
Latest progress is Jamie has all of my engine guts and is busy TFL coating the bearing surfaces, as well as heat coating the combustion bits. Once those come back, the bottom end goes together.

I have also settled on Brian's 1.5" headers. Ben and Brian have been saint's in dealing with my questions, BTW!

Once the long block is done, I will need to finally commit on the induction and engine management. Electronic MFI or pure EFI? Water/meth injection to support 25psi or even...29 psi??? Oh we'll see!

Anyway, the build is not dead and very much in motion. I'll start a fresh build thread once I start wrenching!

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 03-31-2010, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)