View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Mark,

Do some more research before going to Electromotive. Its main advantage is going to twin plug. However, some are saying it's spark is not as hot as a CDI system. On boost that can be important. I do not know a lot about this.
Here we go......... CDI vs. Inductive. Plenty of track cars running Inductive (single or twin) with no issues. Long duration spark (inductive) vs. short duration spark (CDI). The debate will go on forever.

Those with distributor style ignitions should have the distributors rebuilt and recurved to match your engine's needs. There are still a few tuners out there that have the Sun-Machines style distributor machines that can fine tune your distributor. These engines are getting long on the tooth with advance/retard actuators/platform getting gummed up, advance springs aging, etc. You may be leaving some performance on the table or worse, potential damage.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 04-01-2010, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)