View Single Post
sudo apt-get purge 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
There is no reason for confusion other than getting so far away from the original question as posted. Simply follow the factory manual procedures and call it a day. Mark's distributor is an early 3.3L Euro with the same part number as the one I use.

Moonie's dizzy must work fine or he would have had problems by now. Only his mechanic knows for sure what was done an he is the one to ask questions to, anything else is pure speculation.

The late model distributors that have vac advance are timed the same as the Euro at 4000rpm; they too work using mechanical advance on boost. This function allows for more advance during cruise which is lost when vac goes away. This is covered in the manual for that year. Don't speculate, run the part numbers to see what you have and follow the manual.
I agree this is getting too deep for my simple mind and my XDI comment started another debate that would be good for another thread.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 04-01-2010, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)