View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
This board gets more like Rennlist every day. I apologize Mark for my part in destroying his thread.
Why would you say that?

Were we just supposed to stop when you declared it closed after sending him a copy of the factory specs?

We have stayed mostly on topic about ignitions. It is not like we started talking about someone's trip, new garage, new lift or such. Many threads get pulled a bit off topic to some degree and evolve. It has not expanded any more than many other threads.

Many of us have benefited I suspect. I know I did and believe that I got and lot out of it and learned the following from our discussion:

I have learned that the single and double connection pot 3.3 distributors have different pot orientations. (push v pull on different sides of the rotation).

I have learned that Porsche calls the 'pot' a 'pressure box'.

Than none of the 3.3 distributors have Vac-Advance. Untill now I thought the singles might.

I have learned to accept that the single pot dist's do not have any 'boost retard'.

I picked up another good data point in that you have been successfully running -26 deg with .75 bar on boost without problems which is a lot more aggressive than I believed possible.

I have come to the conclusion that a euro dist is probably not the best set up for a best practices distributor build as suggested. In fact it looks like it has a major weakness with no boost-retard when most every other performance turbo car built dose.

IMO Mooney should question what his mechanic did. Anyone can make a mistake. Said mod is unorthodox and I highly suspect it dose not function as intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
...When the distributor is modified the difference transforms the driveability. One of the services I would like to offer my clients is distributor tuning, there is a lot to be gained there.
It looks like we agree that there may be great opportunities on the often ignored ignition side. It seems the more we learn about the ignition side the better we can all make decisions about what if any mods might be considered.

If anything Mark might be prod that he started a thread that grew legs and became possibly valuable and substantial. With the number if members tied to in now, any added questions he might have will have a good audience and probably return quick response.

Now it is I that must apologize to all for my rant. Sorry guys.

I think this has developed to one of the better threads of late.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)