View Single Post
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Wink

15w-50 EP from Mobil 1 with Mahle filter

Drain the engine [about 3-qts there] and oil tank [about 7-qts there]. this amounts to about 10 qts - so, be sure you've got at least a 12-qt container. the oil really flies out of the oil tank so be prepared when pulling that drain plug.
replace the oil filter. note the "scum" connected to each of the drain plugs [there's a magnet in the middle of each plug]. Clean the drain plugs innerds with a cue-tips.
add 10-qts. remove the two fuel pump relays [at front fuse panel]. crank engine a couple times for a couple seconds each time to prime oil. replace relays and restart.
get engine fully warm and make sure oil is flowing to front cooler [you can grab the oil lines under FR wheel well to check for hot oil flow to the front].
once fully warm, check oil level with engine running and on level surface. use dipstick. some have noted to keep engine oil at about mid-level between "add" and "full" on dipstick. that's what I do.
* you may need to concoct [sp] a funnel with long flexible neck to get the oil in the tank. I tightly slipped a 18-in. heater hose over the end of a regular funnel.
** also, take note to "mentally calibrate" the oil level gauge to the dipstick. Eg. If the dipstick is saying "add" and the oil level gauge is hovering near the bottom, then they're "in sync."

BTW: I just changed my oil yesterday.

BTW2: Nice car/color...

Last edited by mooney265; 04-04-2010 at 06:00 PM..
Old 04-04-2010, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)