View Single Post
forwheeler forwheeler is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 193
Originally Posted by 28rusblue View Post
Hi Forwheeler,

Not sure if this is what your meaning... but if you have threaded holes in your Blown 6 cooler, you should be able to find alum or brass air-hose barbed ended fittings with threads that suit. As an ex-carpenter, try any place that sells a range of nailguns and nailgun nails as they will usually have a complete range of air hose fittings, all sorts of brass hose joiners and thread sealer usually at a reasonable price.

Or if you have no threads in the holes maybe very carefully tap a thread that suits standard airhose fittings. But make sure you get all those metal scraps and filings out of that intercooler.... wouldn't want them to go through your engine.

I can find some fittings for the threaded holes like you said. I was hoping to find some place which sells press in or weld in fittings for the unthreaded holes. I can try to buy a couple large taps, 1" and 3/4" I think to thread them. I was more curious if the intercoolers come without threaded holes for some reason. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)