View Single Post

My next set of headers, given the chance, will be Brian's new equal length headers for there quality, better efficiency and ability to make more HP. They are consistent with my goals and have several solid advantages over shorties that are important to me.

However, this thread is about equal v short headers and Zeb 930's info has given us a data point that can be used for comparison in place of a back to back.

Looking at the before and after Dyno for the equal length headers (ELH) over euro headers, it looks like the ELH made boost about 150rpm to 200rpm sooner compared to the shorties making boost about 400 to 500rpm sooner.

Equal Length dyno compassion before and after: Latest Project - Headers

It also looks like peak (.75 bar) boost was reached at about 3100rpm with the ELH's compared to about 2600rpm. I do not think a comparison of boost points would be directly comparable or valid as they may be other factors that may create a variance (street v dyno; observation v dyno boost curve; and, possibly different cams). I just do not think there whould be 500rpm between ELH and shorties.

Thus, it looks like it might come down to the shorties making boost maybe 200 to 300 rpm sooner than the equal length but the equal length making more HP.

Me, I will take the quality and HP.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)