View Single Post
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

There are days I want to shoot my car....

After replacing the lost injector plug a few weeks ago, I started the car and it sounded fine.

Last weekend, I reinstalled the stock front bumper/valence.

Yesterday I reinstalled the stock seats. Because my race seat was bolted to the floorpan, I had removed the seat rails. This meant I had to install new ones, which I fabbed up. Took about 6 hours to get the drivers seat in. All of the electronics under the seat were removed years ago.

Went to drive the car today, and right after start up, it sounds like crap. The exhaust note is rough, like it's missing. Checked the fuses and relays (the relays are on an inertia switch, which means I don't need all the rear plugs, relays, etc). Pulled each plug wire while running and I can hear it spark against the surrounding metal, RPMs dropped and it runs rougher. Sprayed brake cleaner on all induction fittings, hoses, etc. with no change in RPM.

The only thing I noticed was when I check the wires from the MSD to the CDI plug, the car stumbled then shut off. Did this a couple of times and now it doesn't start. Grrrr.

Guess I'll pop in the stock CDI box, then new spark plugs and see what happens after each change.

I love my car, but every few years, it really tests me...

Last edited by A930Rocket; 04-08-2010 at 06:32 PM..
Old 04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)