View Single Post

With re-reading all the posts, you have an unacceptable very weak spark. To give you an idea of a proper spark, after completing some work on my car this winter and buttoning her all up, in the process I pulled the coil wire off from the dizzy cap...and it was just hanging there about an inch from where it should plug in. The car still started and ran, but very rough. So think about it; that spark had to jump across 1" of air and then down another inch through the cap to make contact. If you are seeing spark weakly only when the wire is within almost touching distance of ground, your spark energy is pure crap. Put some gas and combustion chamber compression into the equation, and your plugs won't fire. Your plugs are wet....they don't have to drip raw fuel when you take them out to be too wet. If they look wet, they are wet, which says you are not firing spark to detonate the fuel.

Go through all electrical connections associated with the ignition system, remove and clean and re-attach. Check spark again. If/when corrected, you may want to put in new plugs since yours might now be fouled beyond use.

Sorry, but I can't tell you how to trouble shoot your CDI unit. If it's working correctly, and if your coil isn't shot and/or bad connections, you should get one hell of a spark. If you know someone with a 930, talk him out of swapping parts to narrow down the offending member.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)