View Single Post

Hey Micheloaks, thanks for that "ouch" as here that could be a response of concern as to cutting up a some what rare old bus.
As to Coober Pedy, well I have never been but have cut and polished a few of those funny rocks they collect , and had family willingly go there and even stay a spell.

Hey beetspeed, the mid engine layout was my idea but all the fab work is Seth
from Twisted Minis, all I can do is glue bits of wood together.
Thanks for the props on the design, it seems to be coherent in reality which is reassuring.

The lower shock mount bolt is a Racers Edge part made to convert the 944 arm to coilover and delete the torsion bars. Paragon sells them. It is indeed .5 inch as that is standard (here) for coilover shock mounts.
I found the Bilsteins for sale on the 944 parts forums here and they are indeed nice shocks, they were apparently take-offs from a Cobra kit car but had a weird bearing size, .588 or so, not a problem for mad skillz fabstar Seth to make them work.
There are more notes and pictures from the build on "The Samba.com" in "readers rides"- Porsche Powered Double Cab Build.

Jim Dragteam, I will post up more soon as the d.c. has been resting lately while Seth works on a Mercedes Lemons race car build.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)