View Single Post

I'm with you guys! My turbo drives me nuts. It has been down since January 2009 at a friends shop for a motor rebuild. I bought the car and it had 2k on a rebuild from another mechanic and it turned out to be a crap job, thus the new rebuild. So many corners were cut it wasn't funny! Motor was buttoned up in Feb and the turbo blows a seal. UMW rebuilds the turbo and the car is buttoned up again and run. Seems everything is fine, then the next day it starts smoking like crazy! New scavenge tank installed and she runs a little rough as plugs are fouled, but leaving them in as I need to get the turbo run in and oil burned out of the heat exchangers.

I was ready to get rid of all the Porsches and buy a Ferrari or Maserati due to the frustration. I drove her around the block on Wed, a few miles on Thursday and will put some miles on her later today. After driving her, the frustration is all gone...except I can't get on boost for another 70 miles. Now this is FRUSTRATING!
14 535i M Sport
Old 04-09-2010, 02:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)