View Single Post
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I'd like to say I could walk away from it, but I'm hard headed. Thought about it last night and started to think worse case scenerios. Started on it about 12 PM and by 2 PM, I had it running again. Fiddling with the MSD wires didn't do anything, so I took out the MSD and reinstalled the stock CDI/coil and it started.

It would have been a lot quicker, but I thought I'd clean up the area/wiring and remove the aluminum mounting plate that holds the CDI, relays, fuses, etc. After removing all that and making the wires look pretty. It wouldn''t start again. GRRRRR....

Started installing one by one the relays and found I needed the "Delayed Ignition Cut-Off Relay" installed to make it run. Reinstalled the aluminum mounting plate with all the relays, etc. and it fired right back up. I'm not sure if I needed the "Delayed Ignition Cut-Off Relay" with the MSD, because it's always been there. The yellow overboost relay was removed ages ago.

One thing I'll miss is until I get it fixed, is the soft touch rev control.

Anyway, looks like it's fixed, so now I need to start taking it on those tenative trips away from home.

Last edited by A930Rocket; 04-09-2010 at 07:18 PM..
Old 04-09-2010, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)