View Single Post
beancounter

I like a long-hood turbo outlaw...that's sweet.

Your unmetered air hunch could very well be correct. What year 930 engine are you dealing with here? I'm not familiar with the later models, but earlier models like '78-'79 had an EGR system that plumbed directly into the manifold way in the back behind everything and sort of underneath the CIS airflow meter housing. Often times the EGR system is removed and the hole in the manifold is "plugged" with something. A shop did this to my car, and their crappy plug job failed and my car would not run at all due to the massive intake leak. By massive, were talking a hole about the size of a dime in the manifold. Like you, I could make the car run by manipulating that metering plate by hand. This spot is hard to inspect with the engine in the car but with mirrors and groping around its possible to check. Its a less obvious spot where you may have an intake leak.

Best picture I have of where this spot is (see circled area):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf300tt View Post
I went through the entire intake system to find vacuum leaks, and addressed them, but I still am losing all vacuum. I spray starting fluid at all of the potential leak prone areas, and there are no more apparent leaks.

I have the AAV bypassed and plugged at both ends.

I am of the opinion that I am still bringing in unmetered air from somewhere, but can’t for the life of me figure out where else it could be coming from.

Any ideas on where else to look? I’m pulling my hair out here!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)