View Single Post

Are you running the lambda control computer from the 1987?

In your pic, right below the fuel head is the red lambda control valve. It doesn't look like anything is plugged to it.

Even on cars that have lambda control, but with unplugged O2 sensors, the lambda valve runs around 50% duty cycle, if you have nothing driving it, you're AFR is going to be way off.

You could change to an early non-lambda fuel head, or have yours modified to omit the valve and get the AFR's corrected.

Something else to add, running one pump, with that high of a fuel pressure, is usually not efficient and may not provide the fuel you need, no matter how big it is. Single pump flow rates tend to drop drastically at about 5 - 6 bar, thats why Porsche used two pumps on 930's. I'll have to check my book when I get home, but the later models run about 7.4 bar system pressure.

Even the 'big 044' drops flow and draws more amps when the pressure is high:

http://www.lucasinjection.com/580%20254%20044%20flow%20chart.jpg

Last edited by WinRice; 04-09-2010 at 01:06 PM..
Old 04-09-2010, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)