View Single Post
Non User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywishbone View Post
RESEARCHED "DOUBLE CLUTCH". IT SEEMS I WAS MISINFORMED. I DON'T DO IT, DON'T NEED TO. THAT DOESN'T MEAN OTHERS CANNOT BENEFIT FROM THE TECHNIQUE. JP

Masturbating with one hand while intentionally cutting off oxygen to the brain with the other hand for the purpose of sexual gratification. See also Auto Erotic Asphyxiation.fficeffice" />>>
"He died double clutching in a Bangkok hotel closet.">>
> >
> >
A double clutch (also called a double declutch) is a driving procedure primarily used for vehicles with an unsynchronized manual transmission.
LOL - I almost spit out my drink - glad the kids can't read yet, they came over to ask me why i was laughing so hard. This is the kind of stuff that belongs in the FG forums...

Spot on with the Heel Toe comments although i disagree with JF on the porsche pedal being too high. I personally prefer the brake high, you just have to get used to the positions of the pedals. I just installed the later 930 brakes on my car (76's have S brakes) with a 23mm mc, the pedal is way low, but it is very easy to HT, I personally don't like having so much travel in the brake pedal, but to each his own. I say, learn to adapt on all cars, you don't always have the opportunity to adjust, so best to be ready for any situation.

BTW matching revs (i believe) was the original intent of the OP from 2nd to 1st, so I added the brake - i dont' get to drive my 930 much, so when i do i'm either on the gas or the brake, not too many situations where i'm going from 2nd to 1st without being on the brake.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case

Last edited by infraredcalvin; 04-09-2010 at 05:36 PM..
Old 04-09-2010, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)