View Single Post
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I remember that story! I'm sure you can laugh now, but not at the time. I'll start in the hood and work my way out to longer and longer trips. Stuff like this sets your confidence level back a notch or two and it takes time to build it back up.

I'd say maybe if I left it stock, I'd be in better shape, but....

Quote:

Quote de A930Rocket

[snip]

Anyway, looks like it's fixed, so now I need to start taking it on those tenative trips away from home.

This is a true test of us die-hard DYI guys. When I built my car and experimented with designs or tunes, this was when I really had to leave my ego at the door. Like the time just after I converted to EFI and didn't install the injector clips (locking the injectors to the fuel rail). I was at Subway on one of those "tentative" trips and stopped to get a sandwich. Everyone stopped to look at the car and when I started it up, poof! Flames jumped about 3 feet out of the new GTII tail. Its a good thing one of the people looking at the car had a super-duper mega-gulp drink and threw it on the motor.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)