View Single Post

That BOV on eBay: The only difference between it being configured as a recirc valve vs. a blowoff, is that the recirc configuration has hose connections on both the bottom and side ports. Configured as a standard BOV, it has only the hose connector on the bottom and a horn venting to atmosphere on the side mounts.

The decel valve and the BOV can use the same vacuum line.

You could install it as your drawing indicates, attached to any line on the IC that sees boost pressure, but I'm not clear on what you're trying to accomplish. You stated that you have a modern-type BOV installed. Are you not recirculating the boost, and instead just venting to atmosphere? And are you wanting to put another BOV in there somewhere to vent even more to atmosphere?

You can vent to atmosphere, but it's generally not recommended because of the pig rich condition it will cause when shifting and possibly increasing your turbo lag. The small amount that my AAV/decel valve vents to atmosphere doesn't cause huge rich mixture swings because it isn't letting all that much air out.

Please explain a bit more on your setup. I'm a little dense today.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)